- Version free
- Download 92
- File Size 2.7 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 26, 2022
- Last Updated December 26, 2022
Hand washing is an important part of personal hygiene and can help to prevent the spread of illness and infection. Here are some steps to follow when washing your hands:
- Wet your hands with warm water and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to create a lather, making sure to scrub all surfaces, including the backs of your hands, and wrists, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands together for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
It is important to wash your hands:
- Before and after preparing food
- Before eating
- After using the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After caring for a sick person
- After handling garbage
If soap and water are not available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Rub the sanitizer over all surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry.