SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY
INTRODUCTION Signs and symptoms that are usually noted by the patient, impel her to form a meeting with a physician for confirmation of pregnancy.
What is pregnancy:-
DEFINITION OF PREGNANCY it’s the state of carrying a developing embryo or fetus within the feminine body from conception to birth. After the egg is fertilized by sperm and then implanted within the lining of the uterus, it develops into the placenta and embryo or fetus.
Duration of Pregnancy:-
Usually, 40 weeks or 2. 280 days or 10 lunar months or 3. 9 months and seven days, calculated from the primary day of the last menstrual period. Beginning from the primary day of the last menstrual period, it’s divided into three trimesters, each lasting three months. trimester ( First 12 weeks) trimester ( 13-28 weeks) trimester ( 29-40 weeks)
Early signs of pregnancy :-
PRESUMPTIVE SIGNS OR SUBJECTIVE SYMPTOMS AMENORRHOEA FREQUENCY OF MICTURITION BREAST DISCOMFORT FATIGUE FAINTING
• Absence of menstruation in women of reproductive age.
• Since nine months during pregnancy periods don’t occur.
• If any sort of bleeding has occurred during 9 months shouldn’t be confused with the commonly met pathological bleeding. E.g. – imminent abortion
• it’s present in about 50% of cases, mostly during the first pregnancy.
• Nausea and vomiting begin about 6 weeks after the last menstrual period and typically disappear by about 14 weeks.
• it’s thanks to the high level of pregnancy hormones.
9. FREQUENCY OF MICTURITION
• Resting of bulky uterus on the fundus of the bladder due to the anteverted position of the uterus.
• it’s present during 8-12 weeks of pregnancy and subsides after 12 weeks.
• it’s present during the 6th week within the sort of feeling of :
* Increase in size.
* Pigmentation of areola.
* Pricking sensation.
• it’s frequent in early pregnancy and subside around 12-14 weeks of pregnancy with bringing renew energy
3 days pregnant symptoms:-
PROBABLE SIGNS OR OBJECTIVE SIGNS
• Breast changes
• Cardio-vascular changes
• Respiratory changes
• Integumentary changes
• Musculoskeletal changes
• Abdomen and uterine changes
• Pelvic changes
what are the symptoms of pregnancy:-
• These are valuable only in primiparae, compared to multiparae.
•Breast changes are evident between 6-8 weeks.
•There is enlargement with vascular engorgement with delicate veins visible under the skin thanks to the increased blood supply, making the veins more noticeable.
•Nipples and areola (primary) become more pigmented or darker.
•Montgomery’s tubercles are prominent.
•The thick yellowish secretion (colostrum) is often expressed as early as 12th week.